Is your mini storage overflowing with special items that you wish you knew how to incorporate into your home’s décor? Everyone has that special memento or large-scale novelty item tucked away taking up space that they wish they knew how to transform into an interesting decorative accent for their home. But, not everyone knows how to make it happen. Here are a few tips to help you jumpstart your creative energy.
Anything from antique water cans to obsolete toilet tanks can be turned into beautifully creative yard art and sculptures.
- Chandelier Planter – This stunning planter idea from com uses an old chandelier light fixture and either terra cotta pots or teacups as planting pots.
- Wheel Barrel Fountain – It’s easy to repurpose an old wheel barrel that is past its prime by simply incorporating a few river rocks and a pond pump, for a country garden feel water feature.
- Dresser Planter – An old dresser makes the perfect planter for a terraced container garden on your patio or even indoors for a charming touch of whimsy that brings the outdoors in.
Decorating doesn’t have to be expensive or complicated. Using everyday items that you have at home saves you money while infusing your décor with your own personal style.
- Silverware Frames – Everyone has those odds and end silverware items that seem to accumulate over time take up space and creating clutter. Instead of letting them sit in storage, use those items to create one of a kind picture frames or wall art.
- Coffee Table Ottoman – No need to throw out that old coffee table when you can repurpose it into a stylish ottoman with just a few simple steps.
- Repurpose an Old Headboard – Headboards are a versatile repurposing resource that can be transformed into anything from a farmhouse look wall hanging to a pet bed if you have enough creativity and are handy with tools.
Decorating doesn’t have to cost you a fortune, especially when you use your creativity when looking through your storage to come up with new and inventive ways to use your much beloved stored items.
And for those just now looking for a storage unit, give us a call at Browning Park Mini Storage. One of our friendly and knowledgeable associates will be happy to answer any questions you may have and help you with all of your storage needs.