January is the perfect time to take a deep breath after the holiday season and focus on your own well-being before you must begin the arduous tasks of tax prep and spring cleaning. What better way to start the new year than by taking some well-deserved you time? Here are a few healthy tips for creating a zin life in 2019.
Clear Out and Organize Email
There is little that is as instantly overwhelming as opening your email to find 200 unopened emails. That is one reason why it is so easy for this vital tool of life to become packed with junk and unopened deliveries quickly becoming a daily stressor. Get a jump start on your year and lighten your stress load by spending an afternoon purging unopened advertisements and archiving old or obsolete communications. Doing this will clear the clutter from your workspace for a more productive and less stressful 2019.
Through Out Expired and Out Dated Magazines, Catalogs, and Mailers
Just as email can accumulate, so do all of those snail mail mailers from your favorite restaurant or neighborhood shopping center. Go through all of your accumulated stacks of magazines, catalogs, and coupon mailers throwing out any expired or irrelevant items clearing the way for the many new arrivals to come in 2019.
While you complete your new year’s junk mail purge, consider establishing a special location for all of these unasked-for materials with an easy to maintain rotation so that you can eliminate clutter and piles by throwing out unused coupons and catalogs as they expire and new issues arrive.
Have a Spa Day
Taking care of your physical being is equally important as taking care of your mind and spirit and can sometimes give your mental state a much-needed boost. Having a spa day doesn’t mean you have to spend a lot of money at some fancy establishment. A spa day can easily be done at home with a few basic items.
- Aromatherapy Candles – Aromatherapy is a proven method of relaxation and stress removal through fragrances. Using scented candles that you enjoy will create that expensive relaxing spa feeling at home.
- Quality Foot Care Products – Performing mani-pedi’s at home doesn’t mean you have to skimp on quality. Quality inexpensive soaks, lotions, and creams can be purchased at your local grocery store or pharmacy to give you a salon quality mani-pedi at home.
- Facial or Mask – Whether you make a simple oatmeal and honey mask at home or use an inexpensive peel away mask from the local beauty store, there is nothing more refreshing and invigorating than a facial.
- Deep Conditioning Hair Mask – Winter plays havoc with the condition of hair whether it is long or short, drying out strands making them frizzy and causing breakage. Using a deep conditioning hair mask or treatment provides your hair with the moisture and protection it needs from dry damaging winter conditions.
- Paraffin Wax Hand Gloves – Paraffin treatments are one of the most indulgent feeling spa treatments you can have. But you don’t have to spend a lot of money on going to a spa or fancy equipment. Pick up a pair of paraffin wax hand gloves with the wax inside for a mess-free inexpensive way to have a paraffin wax hand treatment at home.
Once you are rejuvenated and ready to move on to your spring cleaning, keep Browning Park Mini Storage’s contact information handy to assist you with your spring-cleaning storage issues; the low-stress easy solution to your storage needs.